View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
I am really starting to wonder if the oil drain back hole on the rear drivers side head is restricted, or maybe not even drilled?
These heads are known to have a drain back problem And when others and myself port up a set we also grind out a bigger channel to help them drain out faster at the rear of the motor.
If you lifters are moving more oil then what’s needed then that could be compounding the issue.

Just thinking out loud here Sam.
That really seemed pretty reasonable to me. I checked. I found some rubber vacuum hose that was about 13/32" diameter. I was able to push it all the way through on all four drain holes on each head. Unfortunately it looks like I've got all the drainage these heads were built with. Now, it's possible it needs more. But then the question would be "why does it suddenly need more?" Same oil, same driver, same roads...

Hopefully it's the rockers and now they are good. At least I hope to know more after the next test drive with new plugs...

Sam

Sam Agnew

Where you come from is gone; where you thought you were going to, weren't never there; and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.
Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod