View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 11:43 AM
Senior Chief

This is why I like this site. Lots of information that is from folks who are very familiar with these cars. Regarding the 270 and 273 carb usage in 1968, I have found the GTO Association Identification Guide to be one of the most accurate resources. Attached are pictures of the section on 1968 carbs. It very distinctly lists the 270 and 273 as late RA (L67) usage and seperately lists the carbs for RAII (L67) engine. The explanation of late meaning RAII engine and early meaning RA engine could explain the confusion. It is possible while collecting and compiling this data it could have been interpreted differently and those carbs were listed for both the RA and RAII engines. We also know even the factory made mistakes in their documentation. I am not challenging anyone only trying to understand which is correct? Has anyone with a RA car that had/has original carb verified a 270 or 273 carb? The information in the Guide had to be compiled from other sources so I expect there is factory documentation that lists carb and engine applications. Other information I have lists the 274 and 275 as the RA carbs. If the Guide is wrong I want to make a note to correct it. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2973.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	629556   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2972.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	629557