Thread: Bad Wreck
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtohurstjudge View Post
This is one type of accident that can be prevented......When sitting
at an intersection or approaching an intersection, you have to ASSUME that somebody is in the process of running a red light. You have to scan down the roadway to look for somebody speeding or not slowing down to stop. I usually try
to look a block down the street in case some idiot is approaching going 100
miles per hour. Normally you might go years and never see somebody running the light, but then your diligence will wind up saving your life.Over my years of driving I've probably saved my life four times by assuming every intersection has a red light runner headed straight for me.

She did that, I’m sure I said that, the State Police Officer told her the video showed that she paused when she approached the intersection, at 6:00am there were very few cars on that intersection. It was also dawn and just getting light out. His older Ford Explorer did not have auto headlights and he did not have them manually turned on his car also being light green blended in with the row of trees along that side of the road. Being car people, and she is also has a 99 WS6 TA that was the Owner of this forums car, she is extra careful especially with my Granddaughter in the car.

He did everything wrong, she did not. I get what you’re saying been there myself, but unless you know this intersection, as we do, it’s hard to explain her not seeing him before crossing. He was just there in the blink of an eye.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
The Following User Says Thank You to Firedup6975 For This Useful Post: