View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
I totally get where you were going with the lights. In my opinion Verdero green almost has a hint of yellow in it when the sun shines on it. I think if they were yellow lights they would not contrast and be better received.

After repainting your grill the hard way you probably don’t want to hear this, but I’ve always felt blacking out the grills creates a more aggressive look. I did this on my 68 LeMans and 70 LeMans. The goal of the 70 LeMans was to make it look tough without making it look like a GTO so I also understand what your going for there. The hood tach added a lot to the look for me. I also used the same chin spoiler but didn’t think to paint it silver- I may try that. The 8” Rallye II’s in the back helped as well.

Your car looks great!

I tried blacking out the grill first but the ‘69’s have such a big “beak” with that dip at the bottom it just didn’t look right on my car. It looked like something was physically missing. Honestly the’69 LeMans grill design looks like Pontiac was going more for a luxury car look than a sporty performance car. By painting only the horizontal grill lines silver it really helped with the overall look, and it greatly “dimmed down” the luxury look. It looks really nice. Now about those weird color headlamps… [emoji43]*[emoji94][emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk