View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Senior Chief

Default RE

@ facn8me

Yes the carbs are all on now. Definately not too lean. Way too rich actually. I removed the plugs, cleaned them, checked gaps and reinstalled them. They were pretty black and somewhat moist. F&R carbs are dry inside during idle. No leaking fuel anywhere inside the carbs. Fuel pump is regulated 3.5psi and I adusted the mixture with a vacuum gauge to get 19 inches of vacuum and the best idle quality I could get. Still not running very well under 1200rpm. Stumbles a bit at idle. If I lean it out, it runs worse and I still get gassy smoke out the exhaust. Defintely burning the eyes... The book says to warm it to operation temp and the choke is wide open. Turn the mix screws in until it stumbles and tries to die and then back them out until you get the best idle quality and vacuum. Not sure if its fouled plugs or not. I went thru a rear carb needle and seat sticking and gas was flowing into the intake and it flooded and wouldnt start. I removed the carb and fixed the issue. During this time the plugs were soaked all the time. I have been told to replace them for sure. I may try going up in heat range. I also noticed that it fired right up with the #3 plug wire removed (accident). I popped the wire back on and it didnt change a thing. Hopefully its the plugs.