View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There were plenty of fast LS builds when I was playing with them. Most all of them were in the 4th gen F-body platform. Had a couple of buddies that played with them all the time. One ran 11.40's and was just a stock 5.7 LS1 longblock with a cam swap, had a good Vigilante converter in the 4L60E and ran 3.42 gears out back. It was really nothing exotic at all.
My other buddy ran a 6.0 in his 4th gen with ported heads and a cam swap, and a crank making it a 402. His was also an automatic with 3.73's out back. His car ran 10.60's at 128 mph and he drove it on the street everywhere. Crazy how docile it was.
I knew of a couple others rowing a 6 speed into the 10's as well that were pretty cool. Back then the 6 speeds would break stuff occasionally (before the aftermarket magnum stuff got into swing) but really fun to watch.

Even at that time a 10 second street car that was all motor and driving around everywhere was pretty scarce in a classic car, the LS engines made it look easy.

Nowadays I don't see a lot of that going on. Those 4th gens are going on 20 years old now and the platforms that came after started getting pretty heavy.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE

Last edited by Formulajones; 11-28-2021 at 07:15 PM.