Thread: Just my .02
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 12:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25stevem View Post
I agree
Some people deserve to get smacked!

Like one guy over in the street section who after 3 years of asking endless questions many times day after day, which many times where repetitive still manages to blow up what was a nice Pontiac block.
There goes one less block that might have been handed down to or used by someone again one day.

A true waste !

I wish some people would move over to running Chevy or Fords and blowing there stuff up.
Take this for what you want but my opinion, It’s his block he paid for it and he can do as he wishes. He should go to Chevy or ford because he didn’t choose your or someone else’s path?
Sorry man but in my opinion that’s just plain WRONG . I’m sure there’s people who wouldn’t have chosen your path also or mine .
I’ve had plenty of knuckleheads tell me I had to “spend all the money “. You need aftermarket this and after market that. As you’ll see in my Signiture and MANY here know me from elsewhere. I built in 2005 a 2 bolt set up w a 3.25 main and iron heads w a stock crank to run 9s and run it on the street w (turbo) boost just to prove I could . It’s been together forever and MANY well known people whined and opined it would never work . Some of the biggest jn the turbo business denounced it actually at the time saying it wouldn’t make one pass never mind run 9s. Of course it did and has been very reliable.

Everyone is entitled to try what they want for testing. People who leave **** out to ROT I May have issue with but someone using his stuff his way I have NO ISSUE with at all nor should anyone else . Even those who want to let it rot it was their hard earned money they paid for that privilege . (May be stupid to us) but that’s their propagative . Since when do people feel they get to force their will on others that’s exactly what’s wrong w the world today!

This is supposed to be a community. I think we all should put ourselves I. Others shoes before we judge. Even I am not always good at that I can admit that myself .

That being said to try and answer the threads original question I was a moderator in my own sections on another website and in all the years I did that I never had to ban one person or lock one thread . People had respect for one another in my sections.
(Maybe just lucky who knows )
There were however bannings from others on that site , that ruined things IMO and deterred a lot of great people from staying. Again their proghtive to do so in their sections , but I feel it detracted not added to the site and it’s popularity.

I don’t think most of the locked thread or banking’s are necessary.

I also see guys like B man and other mods here catching some really important threats on this site and deleting or locking those threads , which is valuable to us all. so I’m not about to second guess their techniques compared to mine when I was a moderator.
It can be a hard job to moderate especially when there’s more and more threats like we see here from scammers mods reasons Aren’t always evident to us.

I’ll add that if we all followed the same path no one woukd learn a damn thing and we’d make no gains at all.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post: