View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 03:42 PM
Suspended

Mikes Reply:
I forgot about this Thread and then it came up on my computer. My Vehicle has been down for almost a year now due to the fact that I damaged the Transmission going over a hidden root under a friend's driveway. I purchased a Torque converter but that was not the only problem. Since I drove the vehicle in this damaged condition, I only made it worse in diagnosing the problem. I have Internal problems in this TH 400 . I have been slowly purchasing the rebuild kit and tools necessary to rebuild it myself. My roommate is helping and we are watching all kinds of rebuild videos and reading the Articles on TH 400. I made the last order for tools to do the correct job, one is a dial indicator. I will be able to use it to check my Intake center line once I purchase a degree wheel for checking the Cam I/C. Soon I will be rebuilding the TH 400 and I will Put the photos on a thread I started called "To build or not to build". One thing I have to add is since I installed the 041 Cam, I don't ever remember the passing gear or kickdown coming on, that could be why the performance was lacking, we realized this when we were diagnosing the Trans. We rebuilt the Detent solenoid and it is working but not yet tested in the car. I won't see the results until I rebuild the Trans. and the vehicle is moving. I am at a theoretical 109 degrees advanced in the Cam but I want to be sure. The car runs well with this setting but since the broken TH 400 limits testing on the road, I will have to be patient. It would be nice to see the kickdown system working again.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 06-12-2022 at 03:56 PM.