View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
That may be due to different type of regulators being used. If you're regulating something without a return line, you're dialing down fuel delivery to the carburetor. With a return system common with an electric fuel pump, you need a bypass regulator. That works by sending the amount of volume necessary to create a given pressure while returning any remaining fuel back to it's source.

OEM's haven't had regulators in the engine bay for quite a while. With modern PWM pumps, most are deadhead systems that sent fuel volume based on input to a fuel rail pressure sensor. Those OEMs that do still use return style systems often have the regulator near the tank. I would say it doesn't matter as a result. If you feel more confident with it closer to your carb, run it in that configuration.
Makes sense. Might be that a deadhead regulator is whats supposed to be best near the carb, my current set up is deadhead so I have it as close to the carb as possible.

The robbmc regulator like many others can be either type by changing the spring & using different outlets. I like the idea of being by the tank for easier return line routing, I have 1/2" & -8 for feed from tank to pump & pump to carb, running a short return from regulator to tank sounds like the best option. Will do some more research & ask tanks inc & robbmc what they suggest for regulator location when the time comes.

Sorry for the hijack but hopefully this info can help the OP or others considering in tank pumps.