View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 09:45 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoovDaddy View Post
NVU pi$$ed me off. Their photo of the '69 Bird cluster shows the gauges mounted with the cluster upside down. I called them to inquire before I spend that much money and they told me I was mistaken and their photo of the cluster was correct as shown. It's not going to fit. I'm not buying from a company that doesn't know their product or have questionable customer service when there is a problem. I got full gauges (fuel, oil, temp, volts, clock, electronic speedo) from Autometer and saved money. I'm going to add a hood tach this year.
I already called them out on the installation manual and the spacer goof, plus a number of other things. If you have an original spacer you have to Dremel off certain ridges on the back left side (the 45 degree angle part) to let the gauge sit flat.Pic below with arrow pointers.

You also have to carve off some of the brake pedal bracket to allow clearance.
They are incorporating my pics, and mods into their new install manual. Apparently they've already sent out my mods to other 69 FB installers to remedy the deficiencies. Hopefully with these changes they'll be all dialed in. Sorry you had a bad experience, I had to be my usual prick self to get their attention.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69FBspacercutmarks.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	606430