View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably just shoot it blue to confuse the next guy. The work I"m doing is on my "ole blue" 64 GTO convertible which is an original but slightly molested car. Back in the early 80s the previous owner had repainted the dash and tops of doors with some wrong color of blue. He also installed shag blue carpet. which fits like a bad toupee

On the convertible top frame, I learned about this on 2 different sets of cars. Both had light blue tops from the factory, and both top frames were dark blue. Also there was something else that was dark blue. Maybe the well liner? One of the cars was an early 65 that had the 64 shifter in it. The other car is a 64 convertible owned by my friend Larry who bought it brand new. White with a blue gut and light blue top. Its an unrestored original and still in his possession. Finally on my own '64 from Fremont which stated life with a tan top, the convertible frame was sort of saddle bronze metallic. I don't know if it carried over for later years, but it sure seems odd.