View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There’s all different scenarios, my Canton pan, when I ran it on my stock block fit no problem. With just the cork gasket on rear main. I couldn’t used the rubber gaskets with the tabs, even though Canton pan had the slots for rubber gasket. So I just used cork gasket and some good stuff sealer, just thin coat.

But on my IA11 block even with cork gasket there was a space, between the pan and cork gasket… So I had to use both rubber gasket and cork gasket. That’s how much of a space that was. But thank God I’ve never had an issue with it leaking.

But The alignment holes on the pan and front timing cover lined up perfectly. It’s like we were at a state in the Pontiac hobby, today with whats out there that its a 50/50 shot that what you get isn’t going to have a issue. So its like who knows what your going to get. Well I can see the problem is if you get something and you’ve had it for two or three months before you actually need to fit it and use it, then its a real hassle trying to get the issue resolved.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gach For This Useful Post: