View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My school has Rotary Brand lifts, about 30 of them. Installed in 1998. Not a single failure and the lifts go up and down 30-40 times a day every day of the year almost. Operated by absolute morons up to professionals on a daily basis. They are inspected once a year as required . USA made, according to labels. But I found components on the lifts made in Italy, (hydraulic pump and motor) other odds and ends. I bought 2 Forward lifts for my garage. Same parent company as Rotary, but Chinese/Italian. First one was awesome. Second one had a complete pump/motor failure 2 weeks after installation. (popped a 30 amp breaker). The Chinese pump and motor were seized). They sent a replacement Italian unit from a Rotary lift. That has been great ever since. But after about 2 months, one of the big hydraulic cylinders began leaking. They sent out a replacement right away. It has been fine for 5 years now. In summary: Rotary, great but expensive, Forward, fair quality, great service though. Have heard nothing but good things about Backyard Buddy, but no personal experience.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: