View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
That is interesting. Not really familiar with the Champion plug number you mentioned but I am almost sure Accel spark plugs were made by Champion in Toledo , OH. They were the "Yellow Jacket" plugs they used to market. Personally, I have had about equal results with Autolite, Champion and NGK plugs. I like the way the NGK plugs are packaged with the little cardboard tube over the business end. I have found some Champion plugs with the center electrode crooked in relation to the shell and ground electrode. But they all functioned fine. If I had to pick a "brand" price no object, I do like NGK. Very few defects.
The Yellow Jacket plugs are Nippendenso U groove. Fantastic plugs, but they do not make the right plug for High Ports. So I have Autolight 3911s in there as per slowbirds recommendation. He would know.
The JCY18s were a 2 piece electrode and it was not a good feeling to look at a flopping around pug wire and a hollow insulator.
You could literally hear the difference when the Accel plugs were put in.
I did that comparison thread on race plugs awhile back. While the Champion was the least robust of the plugs, I found nothing wrong with it.
The NGK had the thickest electrode. Autolight was OK too.