View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think several of the above posts point directly to the success of places like Rock Auto. You look up the part you want and you generally have 10-20 choices for that part. From total crap you wouldn't dare install on even an enemies car, to much more expensive versions down the list. What burns me up though, is paying for the "good stuff" at the expensive end of the list and receiving a POS part like that Moog bushing in the above picture. That's where the real problem lies. Even the "best" is still crap. That's why I often use dealer parts when they are not completely crazy price wise. Good example are window regulators. Generic white box ones are 1/4th the price of good ones. But never had one make it over 3 months. Do you really want to pull your door panels 4 times a year so you can have a window go up and down? With our hobby and collector cars, OE parts are very hard to find, but re-pops always seem to fall between horrible and not usable to a best of marginally tolerable. It's a real shame.