View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default The dreaded "repack"

I have ordered a lot of restoration parts currently, as well as thru the years. wondering if others have suffered receiving the new part ordered, only to find it was obviously a previous return/repacked and your the lucky one that gets the repack only to be un-satisfied as the previous receiver was. hate it! its even more prevalent with the large repop sheetmetal. iv'e been lucky with these except my door skins. they were good, but creased at the edges. needing the skins I kept them as they were fairly easy to correct and use and didn't have time to return and try again. but so irritating to think the shipper knew full well they were trying to dump the parts. but iv'e received repacks from average as well as the most reputable vendors.

how do you beat it? continually return until happy? call ahead and state you don't want a repack part?

I once received a starter I ordered new from jegs, that actually had old grease on the supplied hardware and were in a dirty sandwich bag! I have lots of examples though. I always feel like the high end restorers don't get the repack treatment. anyway just frustrated. repacks and china crap. sucks. I had to return a dash cap for a 69 Gto 3 times to classic industries due to obvious big cracks in it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JUDGE3 For This Useful Post: