View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
How are you coming along on your two 64s.

Wasn’t one going to be a sort of a pro touring car?
Thank you Jack for the questions.

The 64 GTO Convertible has the 455 engine installed in the body. Fuel injection parts for that engine are made (I posted pics on the board at one time) Nash Trans needs to go back in after the Engine removal in the fall for a engine tear down/inspection of the parts and a camshaft change. Engine has those TERRIBLE Edelbrock round heads that are not worth squat but are a lot easier to install on a engine. Will be fine for this street engine. 9" has been in the car for years and driveshaft has also been made for years.
Figured out the driveshaft hitting the body issue after identifying that the nash raises the back of the trans .350" (it was fine with the stock driveshaft).

The Old POS Ladder Bar 64 hardtop will have the drag race alston chassis and cage stuff cut out of it once I pick the chassis for the car. Rod Shop and the Art Morrison C-5 chassis for the 64-67 cars are at the top of the frame and suspension list. Not going to do much with the body, do a John Clegg 'Rat Rod" survivor paint scheme.
No $$$$$ paint jobs for me.

That car will have the Turbo charged engine.

But NO DRAG RACE parts in my plans. Maybe some high durability parts like Carrillo Rods, CP Pistons, Crower valvetrain, etc.
Dave B has had a second set of E-Heads for a year now and will be giving me a simple 340 cfm head that will work with the short deck Bob and Frank block and the Custom Moldex Crank for that boosted engine. Crower Steel Rods in that engine. Engine parts I have. Chassis stuff is what I am working on now.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 04-13-2018 at 10:36 AM.