View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
yup, they now have a global shipping program that the sellers either HAVE TO opt into, or they do not offer non-USA shipping;
It's all tied into their internal shipping quote setup.
It used to be the responsibility of the seller to package, calculate, and send off shipping - some unscrupulous sellers were creating listings with a lower 'Buy It Now' price, and jacked up shipping - so that their fees were based on the BIN price, and NOT the shipping portion - this is in part why (I believe) that the fees are based on the bottom line total.

Back to the global shipping;
On average, large items being shipped to Canada got cheaper, but smaller items became exponentially more expensive.

I browse often, but don't buy too much.
Their internal search engine blows goats, so I use another search engine.
Also the sellers hawking aftermarket garbage with numerous baloney tags to make their listing show up in my searches really turn me off.

I do find that I look here, or on other forum listings more often than I did a decade ago.
that is not true, the global shipping program is an option for sellers to be part of, you can still list an item with normal international shipping that you determine the price of or you can have ebay estimate the price based on dimensions & weight. but you can still just select flat rate "economy international" & enter your own flat shipping cost. i do it all the time & have most my current auctions set up for it. i did try the global shipping on my other ebay account that i sell non car related parts, it was nice that as a seller you only pay the fee to ship to the US distribution center, then ebay handles all the rest of the intl shipping fees for the buyer, which im sure is an added cost for them.

i mentioned the fees being charged on shipping in this thread or the older one linked to above. they have been charging fees on shipping for over 10 years because sellers were getting around their final value fees by listing things for .99 but charging high shipping to make up for the low listing price, ebay caught on to that very early on & has been charging fees on shipping for 10-15 years now.

The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: