View Single Post
Old 12-23-2023, 03:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteve95 View Post
Ok I'm back with some real world data not the ramblings of the computer Einstein's like trollcar and the rest of the minion's here. you did get one thing right trollcar " i got what i was going to get not what i wanted".
i wanted some back and forth from guys who knew what they were talking about ,what i got was a bunch of ego tripping nonsense from most of you just wanting to tell some long drawn out story which most likely wasn't even yours
and how you know better then the 2 big pontiac guys, comp cams, motortrend and the people who designed the engine calcs all of which you people said couldn't be right for one dumb reason or another .motortrend was spot on with the artical they wrote you should read it .
there were a few people who were actually normal and had some questions.
YES the engine calcs are correct .
calc said 193 cranking PSI ( actual average was 195)
pump gas works just fine 93 octane . (was real happy about that)
motor runs great just like my engine guy and the rest said it would,1st to 2nd gear is smoother . she kicks like a mule up around 75 / 80 mph almost feels like a down shift it gets up and hauls.
so in conclusion all your BS corrections which most of them you should have known what i was saying but felt the need to put your 2cents there and all the parts i used you had issues with are just fine 2000 miles later and still going just like the old man said .
now that i told you the motors runs great gave you some info let your inflated egos tell me it wont work.! i never ask for your permission just what you thought of the compression and you went all out to tell me how this was overkill ( Chevy has been using 3/8 rods for decades) but I'm sure you know more then them too and how that wont last ETC. WRONG.
and 1 more thing the black strip is from a autocross i did placed 7 out of 13
with the motor you said wouldn't be fun to drive and have no power. Wrong
oh yeah 1 more thing no grown man should have as many post as you people ( thats right I said you people) get off this site and stop trolling these fine people trollcar hit this thread the second I posted it an was so eager to be the first kept posting in the wrong thread.. SMH.......have at it chuckle heads I'm going for a drive.
My take on running stock rods, most of the GTO’s and early Firebirds made probably 350 hp some advertising rated at 360-370 hp. But those motors were all done at 5000 rpms. So stock rods lived but of course when raise the horsepower there was trick things like shot peening the rods good or better rod bolts. One of the killers of cast rods was rising the rpm level. Once you started rising compression better flowing heads which of course would rise rpm level, Beyond what rods could handle then they couldn’t handle that. So yeah I ran them long before steel rods were available but always keep rpm level in the 5500 range. Its when you got into the 6200-6500 range they wouldn’t last. Just something to keep in mind. So a motor making 625 hp at 5500, would live with a stock rod. But its how often you go over that rpm, plus making sure there wasn’t any donation. Was the trick like missing a shift and having motor going to the moon. The combination of both of those factors is what kill them. Just something for you to keep in mind.