View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM

Default Assembly diagram pic and mystery unraveled??

Thanks for the page reference in the assembly guide YNOBIL! I had overlooked this. I've got a copy as well. Of course, the page is pretty rough; it's hard to make out any of the small type. But, I've attached it here for everyone to look at. Here are my conclusions:

1. The speedo cable was routed *over* the tranny tail shaft on all 4spds and some 3 spds. On other 3spds and auto's the cable looks like it was indeed routed under the tail shaft...this again is based on my interpretation of a rough diagram after looking at the writing with a magnifying glass. I highlighted the route of the 4 spd cable in yellow.

2. I believe that my setup (prior pics) is correct with respect to the route of the cable through the back lock linkage using the speedo cable bracket I purchased from Ames (part number R158NM if anyone's interested).

3. Diagram "D" in the attached pic shows the floorboard bracket in Loffen's pic...looks to be on the driver's side to the rear of the back lock linkage, per the diagram.

Let me know if you agree. Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Factory Cable Routing.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	307938