View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegpho View Post
From what I read in the AMA specifications, any 77 GP with the 400 had 2 possible axle ratios. The vast majority had the tire shredding 2.41:1. I did a 4000 RPM neutral drop ONE time - I got a minor "chirp" out of the tires - but it did have posi! (This was my college ride.)
The cars with the trailer tow package (Medium Trailer Group) got a much more responsive 3.23:1.
The white 77 GP SJ I drove did have the gauges, tach and a clock mounted under the radio, in front of the shifter. I would have kept the car but it didn't have the options I wanted - namely power windows or - trailer tow! It did have a steel sunroof, and when we sold the car (in family from 86 to 92), the sunroof still worked, never leaked and the clock still worked!
It was one of the best used cars my family ever owned.
The guy we sold it to got a few DUIs, possibly some wrecks - and the car was scrapped in 93.
Damn thats too bad. I lucked into a very nice 77. Unfortunately it dropped a valve 200 miles into my ownership, so I have a spare block at the machine shop now. I'll pull the cover when I have it on my hoist and verify. I was hoping for 3.08's or 3.23's. Did these come with the 8.5 inch 10 bolt?