View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 03:01 PM
Boost Engineer

Bought my 64 GTO convertible many years ago and drive it in high school.

Went to three different colleges and wound up with 3 degrees: Engineering,
Behavior Psychology, and Geology. Assumed I would one day be a guy like
Carter, (who found King Tut's tomb). Then I saw/ met/ proposed to my future wife.

Worked in 5 different areas of Engineering (after working at Holley Engineering
in their Engineering building in Warren, Michigan & quitting to go to Dearborn, Mi.

F*rd Engineering job areas: Emissions, Truck Operations, Core Engineering, Advanced Engineering, and Research Engineering.
A stack full of Patents submitted, a few were granted. I worked for Ford for 39 years. I did a lot of traveling.
My Boss Homer Perry was the Race Manager for Ford and won Le Mans 4 times. I was involved in 2016 50 years later. ECOBOOST

Raced at the 2001 Bonneville Salt Flats with Gale Banks, Dick Landy, and Bruce Crower.
Was a Scrutineer for SCCA, & F-1 for 14 years. Regional Executive one year.
Raced in the Baja 1000 series 3 times (Ford Truck sent me there.)
The team I supported won the Baja race (compact truck) 3 times.
Observed the Pikes Peak race as a spectator once, going back to Pike's Peak in July to
race with Gale Banks team.

Drag Raced when I was a teenager. No interest in that today (except as a advisor for Marty Palbykin over the years).
Helped the Keen Brothers win the Super Street racing Championship, Billy Glidden was second.
Keen Brothers were later Pro Mod Champions.

346 exits from a perfectly good airplane. Bad ankles today. Some want to jump at least one time before they die.
Been there done that.

Traveled to different places, Asia and South America mostly, met people, took care of business as required.
No desire to travel internationally in the future. Took a trip on a diesel sub twice, once there, once back, never again.
You could say the sub was a unique ride in a unique vehicle. Some want to see Europe, Alaska, Hawaii, no desire.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 10-15-2021 at 03:13 PM.