View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a similar incident that happened to me at Norwalk.

My father was a mechanic, he started working at a Pontiac dealer in my hometown, Erie PA. We of course always owned Pontiacs, and I fell into Pontiacs because of my dad. My father got me interested in dirt track racing, he took me every Sunday night to the local dirt track. We were close, and shared our love of racing, and Pontiacs.

When my wife and I had our Tee shirt business, we had shut down early evening, and were walking up towards the car corral. We stopped to look at a 57 Pontiac 2 dr, that resembled one my dad used to own. Before we walked on I noticed a saddle tan 63 Bonneville convertible sitting there, and a 53, 2 dr that was a yellowish green. Three cars, same year, same color, and body style, that my father had owned previously, in an area that was roughly 50 ft, by 50 ft.

I got a shiver down my spine, and I knew dad was indeed there, at least in spirit. My eyes teared up when I was explaining to my wife what had just occurred.

My dad never went to Norwalk, but he would have really enjoyed that show. He, and my mom did make one year to Speed World for Pontiac Heaven show before he passed, he really enjoyed seeing all the older Pontiacs at that event.

Since Norwalk is much larger, with more cars from the 30s,40s, 50s, he would have identified with the same cars he used to work on of that era.

Was it a coincidence? I believe he was there enjoying the show with us.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: