View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"I should have retired two decades ago, but having difficulty finding a buyer for the business (looks like son will take over part of it)."

Same problem here. Have had a couple of "tire kickers" take a look at the business but never got close to a sale. The last one just kept asking questions and taking up WAY too much of my time. It appeared to me that they were just looking for information to start a business on their own without buying mine....good luck with all that.

I decided to close down the rebuilding/restoration portion and just sell parts. Was hoping that was going to be a part time gig, but it's worked it's way into full time and growing bigger by the day. I'm also turning down at least 10 jobs a week, sometimies double that number, so there is still PLENTY of work out there despite it being 2024 and quite a few more options for carburetion/fuel delivery have been added to the market.

I'll add here (keeping in mind I have no dog in the fight) that hardly a day goes by I don't get a call from someone who went down the fuel injection (electric carburetor) path and absolutely HATE them. The Sniper seems to get the most complaints, seldom here too much about the others, but it's ALWAYS the same thing. The love it at first, and after multiple issues and failures occur they want to amputate the entire system and go back to a carburetor.

Personally, IF I were to ever look at any sort of "upgrade" from a carburetor it's going to have 8 bungs in a single plane intake with 8 injectors spraying toward the intake valves, not a "wet flow" TB type set-up, especially with a cold intake manifold. The factory couldn't even get that deal figured out and ditched all those systems by the mid-1990's, and for good reason. With a dry flow intake and individual injectors it's just going to be a LOT better everyplace for the end user.....IMHO.......

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),