View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 11:25 PM

Round port exhaust manifold production would be way more worth putting effort into than a cast iron cylinder head.

Even with the shortage and people waiting years for them to get back into production there’s still what seems to be little motivation to get those kickstarted again from the companies who already have developed and marketed them.

Another case of small profit margins and low sales expectations. If those manifolds ever make it into production again you’d better grab yours because it’s doubtful there’s ever going to be another production run.

On the iron heads, it’s never going to happen unless someone’s able to sweet talk a huge casting house such as World Products, much like what happened when Arnie was able to get Vic Jr. to take a chance on the first limited run of the E-heads. Wouldn’t have happened if Arnie and Vic Jr. weren’t friends.

Edelbrock was big enough to absorb the loss if the Pontiac heads didn’t pan out. World Products is more than big enough, it’s just a matter of someone with stature in the Pontiac world bending the right ears in order to have a chance of making it a reality.

In the end you’re not going to have an entry level price on a reengineered iron Pontiac head, it will be either 10% cheaper or maybe more expensive than an aluminum equivalent. A non-starter for those who think they’re going to get them on the cheap. If someone does make them you can bet on them being priced high to recoup development costs as soon as possible.

Please don’t look at me as a detractor as I’d love to see it happen. I’m trying to look at this realistically and I just feel it’s not viable.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: