View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Sad fate of a Cars 'n Coffee

We have a Cars 'n Coffee here in Albuquerque that was a real gem. Despite being started by a group of Porsche and Corvette waxers it evolved into something eclectic: Dauphins parked next to Gull-wings across from Chevelles. You had your frequent flyers and stuff that showed up comet-like: once every couple years.

I really liked it and being on the way to my shop did not hurt one bit. This Spring it really started to grow and the issues started sadly familiar to those who know - the show offs, Burnouts, flat-hat passes and other hoonery cropped up. Discussions were had to remedy this, the main idea being simply chipping in a few bucks for a couple of APD units for overwatch on Jefferson St.

What we got yesterday was a classic example of chasing a fly with a jackhammer. The parking area was roped off and a couple of security people were foisting applications on attendants. As you see they wish to know:

Name
Address
Email
NM drivers licence number
Insurance carrier
Their number
Vehicle(s)

and the best part is that you need 2 other placarded attendants to vouch for you. Catch 22's Great Loyalty Crusade indeed.

Needless to say I invited them to kiss my ass - the whole concept and execution were rife with goose-stepping idiocy, not to mention it would not do a damm thing to stop showboating on Jefferson and the Excel sheet would be a real plum to any identity thief.

No doubt the waxxer control freaks who dreamt this up did not bother to fill out their own forms as none of the Corvettes or Porsches had placards.

rant off

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	form.jpg
Views:	2018
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	589279  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scarebird For This Useful Post: