View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donziboy View Post
As discussed I have nice details that include pictures of the restoration done 30 years again. Also have maintenance records but unfortunately no details on the engine build. Would like to know what cam was used however at this point my judgement is something similar to a 744 cam. My engine likes where the timing is set now and dwell angle is set at 30. Idle is good but can be better, ignition, vacuum leaks and carburetors have been sorted out. I’m running blended non ethanol gas that gives me around 98 octane. Next thing will be to verify all 16 valves are opening (approximately) the same amount. Although unlikely could have a worn lob or two, more likely I will find it out of adjustment. Also don’t believe your engine would be looking for 110, worked at a gas station as a kid and we sold Sunoco custom blend thinking 8 grades and 260 would bring you in at 98 octane.
Agreed I'd like to know the specs too, but I'll likely leave it alone until an issue forces a teardown. And yes I'm going to start trying some 91/110 blending or other non-ethanol combos and see what it likes; I can easily drop base timing to 12 degrees if needed. 75% 91 (what Wawa has here) and 25% 110 would give me about 96, or I can drive 10 miles further and go 75% 93/25% 110 for 97.25.