View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
SURE - I got nothing to hide - car is a Worthy based Super gas Roadster it will currently run 168 to 170 mph at 9.90 seconds - look it up, very few of the BBC do that at more cid. I have never run the car all out as it is set up for a quick pro tree and then on the throttle stop, I know for a fact it wants to flip over backward on a sustained hard launch, it is what it is and not worth changing the whole set up for bragging rights. Other SUPER Gas cars that run similar to mine in mph will run 7.75 to 7.85 all out for reference. The body is a 2002 Firebird based Roadster so is it extra "aero" -- don't think so. So lets ask what car your putting your engine in and how you did last year ??????????? If you weren't so damn insecure about your "deal" you might be able to have an intelligent conversation to exchange ideas, but it does seem every time you start talking there seems to be a number of people that refute your ideas- not all but most.
First of all it, has nothing to do with being insecure, hp per cube, exchanging ideas or debating points over what impresses you the most. I could care less what impresses you, etc. You are still ticked that I handed you your azz in the v thread pure and simple. I will commend you tho, you have seemed to mellow some.

After selling the circle track modified we ran for a season and a half, I am also involved in two cars, both 68 birds, both legal 275 cars, one a nitrous 541 MR1 with HPs. At legal weight, it went 5.2s two seasons ago with a best of a 1.19 60' on 275s. Very competitive for that time. Did not run it last year. The other 68 will have the BES 609 motor. After the upcoming dyno session barring any unforeseen glitches we will campaign it some this year and will be hunting ehead/nitrous combos.
My 66 abody streeter was competitive for several years when local heads up 10" tire classes were popular and could still run with most here with SC heads. Plan is bringing it back out with a semi hemi head poncho motor.

The roadster motor looks to make decent power, (sounds like eheads) but not impressed as there have been others that came before you having done the r&d and spending the initial bigger $$$$ so you could basicly order a crate motor. Am I far off base? I suspect you had little to do with the build other than maybe tell the builder what fuel you wanted to run, carb or injection setup.