View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah well try telling that to some of the people around here and watch what happens

That's why I posted pics of all the pumps and their boxes showing how the name on the box didn't matter, they were all the same pump anyway. But that usually goes in one ear and out the other.

I came to the conclusion years ago the difference in how they perform or how long they might last was purely based on quality control, not the name on the box. Some pumps had more pressure than others, some just didn't work long enough to get out of the driveway, and some worked fine and lasted years.

Luck of the draw.

Shucks the tri-5 pumps are spendy little suckers at $70, just a stock pump. On the 56 it would only hold a maximum of 4 lbs. of fuel pressure. I didn't dare romp on the thing, I could watch the gauge drop just blipping the throttle. I only drove it around the neighborhood a few times, maybe 10 miles total, it was on the car for 2 years and it's now a dead pump. So much for quality.
I'm either going to modify the frame for the RobbMC pump or I'm installing a new Tank Inc setup with the pump in the tank.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE