View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 08:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
IMO, you have to take a systematic approach to this diagnosis. You have a temp gun, so you are used to this. First thing I would do is switch the drums right to left and adjust. Do nothing else and drive it. If the problem moves with the drum, the drum is the problem. If the problem stays with the right side of the car, it must be the shoes, springs, wheel cylinder or flex hose. Nothing else in there. Most likely is the flex hose as mentioned above, replace it first, then possibly a wheel cylinder piston sticking in it's bore would be second, followed by a shoe/spring problem. Good luck with it and report back.
I'm leaving now to take the previous John Piotrowski hubs in to have them turned, and then freshen them up a bit so I have them to put back on and stay on.

They were amazingly well balanced from side to side for years with only a few degrees difference. When I have these back to use if needed, then I'm going to switch sides with what's on there to see if the problem moves sides or stays where it is. Nothing else I can really do until I can experiment and isolate the issue a bit.

It would be a hell of a coincidence if the brake line just happened to fail at the time I switch out for the 'new' hubs.