View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklinger View Post

#10’s from both valve covers to clean air source between air filter and throttle body.
Eliminate the PCV valve, sourced a 1/2” barb to #8 male adapter at the valley cover.
Installed a Mighty Mouse PCV can.
#8 from valley cover to MM.
#6 from MM to PCV port on throttle body.

The car has a Fitech, I did have to tweak the IAC but beyond that no issues.

Thoughts and opinions on this setup welcome.
Enormously expensive and complex for no good reason. This is a "three hundred dollar solution" to a twenty-dollar problem. What Mighty Mouse seems to do best is vacuum-clean people's wallets. Hey, it's your money not mine. As long as you're happy.

There's a PCV valve (or at least a restriction) in the "Mighty Mouse PCV can"? The Mighty Mouse web site talks about a "PCV can", but I can't find that product on the site. All I see is "Draft cans". IF (big IF) you have unrestricted flow through your Dash 6 hose into the PCV port on the throttle body, I can see why you needed to "tweak" the IAC valve.

I can't figure out why the Mighty Mouse can has a filter on top. Are crankcase fumes are being vented out that filter? You've already got a fresh-air inlet to the engine via the connection between the engine air filter and throttle body, to BOTH valve covers via Dash 10 hose. The Mighty Mouse filter is not for air inlet. And excess crankcase fumes beyond what the PCV system can handle would be vented from valve covers to the air cleaner via your Dash Ten hoses. So I have no idea what the Mighty Mouse filter is supposed to accomplish.

Last edited by Schurkey; 02-05-2023 at 07:56 PM.