View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:07 PM

So I got the wiring done. For now I just wired the iginition to the ignition source in the fuse box, through the proper mallory ballast resistor. I found the Packard Delphi twin lock connectors at a marine supply store and will attempt to install the ignition wire properly intot he engine bay harness at some point. Looks like I have full 12 volts to the coil when the Ignition module is bypassed and 8 volts when everything is hooked up, which is what Mallory recommended. Bought some flat iron and "plan" to mount the coil in a proper position, once I measure for clearances. Ordered wire looms and plan on getting them on tonight.

The car started right up and did feel stronger, but I still have the stumble on partial throttle. I changed the Edelbrock accelerator pump setting to the longest shot and it helped a bit, but still not great. I have a carb rebuild kit sitting in my garage, but I was reluctant to just start replacing everything at once, but now since the ignition seems to pass muster, I guess it's time to move on. I bought a propane torch so i can check for vaccuum leaks around the intake too since I have my suspicions about the intake gasket. i went back and actually read the direction for my intake manifold and ordered the proper edelbrock replacement intake gasket, since the manifold will likely be off in the near future.

At least with the new water pump she stayed at about 170 for most of the trip and crept up to 180-185 after a few stop lights and stop and go, but not too bad.