View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got the block back from the machine shop. I am sure many of you know how exciting that can be if you have been waiting a long time. After installing the cam bearings while at the machinist we checked the fitting of the cam and it was a little tight. It was the rear journal and it took a few minutes to find where it was rubbing and remove a little babbit and got her spinning just fine. I removed all the plugs and super cleaned the block before it went to the machine shop. Same thing again after all machining was done. Took it home and installed the plugs in the rear of the block before putting it on the engine stand. While installing the plug that goes in behind the cam make sure it doesn't go too deep you don't want the cam hitting it as the cam is located by retainer on the front. Don't forget the threaded plug that goes inside the block that is behind the small plug on the drivers side. Some recommend drilling the plug .040 before installing the plug or you can purchase a pre-drilled plug from Butler or another vendor. I chose to drill the plug using a number 60 drill, don't attempt this with a hardened plug and you should have a dill press for this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Block Plugs Rear.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	632418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Block Pllugs Rear 2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	632419  

Last edited by Tim Corcoran; 04-21-2024 at 12:58 PM.