View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Terminator X installed.

Got my Holley Terminator X installed over the last few days. The wiring is a bit of a bear. That said, in the end it was worth it. Instantly, just off the base map the throttle response was improved. When you goose it in park it just sounds different. Almost like I went from a heavy iron flywheel to lightweight aluminum. Put a smile on my face right away.

After the wiring, which as I said was a lot, it was very easy. Setup and first start went flawless. No RFI issues like get reported with some sniper systems. Though I believe because they have the ECU in the throttle body they have less wiring. So pick your poison there.

It’s not that the wiring is hard, it’s that it’s hard to make it look good. I will admit that is already not my forte. I’m a get it running guy, not a get it perfect. I tried to not be my usual hot rod hack self with this, but it’s probably a middle ground. It’s just hard to hide that much cabling in an engine bay not designed for it. If you have a full size car it might be easier.

In my case my q jet ran fine. I didn’t need to dump it. Just wanted to try something new. I eliminated my full length return and mounted my regulator in the rear with only a short return.

Far and away the biggest pro for me is that I removed a ton of gauge wiring and gauges. I had the same three gauge pod most classic cars have. And a tack on the steering column. Now I have a single clean little display mounted on my dash where I can see it and that’s it. Easily my favorite part so far.

Cons:

They don’t give you the can to USB cable so you can hook it up to your laptop. That’s a lame extra $60 purchase I have to make.

The normal non LS kits don’t come with a plug for an oil pressure transducer. You can add it, which I am. But you need the laptop to program it in, and you have to splice into you brand new harness to get the 5v and ground signals. Just include the damned plug pre wired in please hollley.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	47E0C04D-D605-4895-9376-52B85878945D.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	573336   Click image for larger version

Name:	05067572-E2B0-40C3-8AE9-D055FD7BB338.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	573337  

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports