View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 06:02 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
/\ that's what I was thinking.
My spare buckets are in this colour.
Mikes Reply:
I made the mistake on my first interior die job on a 1981 Camaro with the Red Interior and I preped the interior parts and died them, but I did not clear it, big mistake, parts faded in one year and I lost all that work to "not" reading the instructions. I used the SEM materials on the Carpet, Seats, Dash, side panels, package Tray, trim and Console. The SEM colors are matched as best as anyone can do. The next time I died my 1979 Pontiac Black over Black, I first used their prep. solution that cleans the vinyl material and alows the die to adhere to the material. Then I died the material with a couple of coats, as per directions, this time and then cleared with low luster clear, you have a choice of Mat or Gloss finish. Some places you want low luster and some places like the dash you want Mat finish, it is up to you. If you are interested in the actual factory brochure photos, I have seen them online. I can search through my archives on my computer if you can't find it online yourself, let me know, Mike out.