View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
The exhaust is hurting.

Pick up a 17" snowflake and pick up a 15x8" Prostar wheel! Slicks are lighter than even DOT sticky radials.

Betting the convertor is too tight, but then you get in the "too loose for street". I have a 3000 10" that when I had 3.42 and cruising it would start to flash up with load going over an overpass on the freeway! The Continental does not do that but does flash-mine is just a click tight for my cam.

I agree the cam is good for the heads/intake I just think all are a little big for 3.42s and a tight convertor. My E Head motors use way more timing but are the older chambers 38 and 40.

Sounds like the car is set up for handling-so you also have to look at what aspect you are shooting for cornering/autocross or drag. My forst 455 the car was set up for autocross and even with drag DOTs on the rear it only ran 12.20s @117! You could have a set of lighter drag wheels/tires to swap on. Bump the timing to 36-38-something you can do at the track. Next step you could try footbraking up the rpm, or a different convertor.

FWIW I had a third convertor I am about to try on my IA/Camaro as my 60 fts on it are soft also.
I definitely want to set it up more for drag just cause it’s a quick easy fun night to run out the drag strip 35 mins away…pay $30 and have some fun…then going through the whole cone event jazz or much more expensive track days