View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterp266 View Post
As soon as they told me they had to have my bank account info to sell stuff I pulled my only ad and I’m done selling there. Didn’t they start PayPal? Their greed will end up hurting them but I don’t think they care.
Paypal was a different comany that eBay promptly bought.

I stopped selling years ago after seeing the fees get ridiculous, and sellers "rights" getting ignored all for a buyer protection scheme;
Then this past year I found out a couple Hotwheels I had were big ticket items, so I listed, and promptly sold them there - don't get me wrong, the listing fees, and paypal fees were alot , but the bill i was sent after the fact made it ridiculous to the tenth power.

I miss being able to see who's bidding against you - or being able to message other bidders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbking View Post
Ebay has done many interesting things over the years; ...

I didn't like the bank account issue, but had a talk with our bank manager. Have been with this bank for almost 60 years, and there are perks. One of which is a zero-balance account with no service charge. So we set up a special account so we could give the number to ebay, and funds are immediately transferred out of the account when something sells.

Wow - that is a fan-freaking-tastic idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhagolin View Post
Done with them myself, Hadn't listed anything in a while, and sold a 500.00 slot car they tried to take 80.00 and hold my money for 4 weeks. Told them and the buyer I would ship when paid. buyer was cool about it Ebay said no shipping no payment. Cancelled the sale and got with the buyer and he Paypaled me 500.00, Happy ending and eBay suspended me for it lol
That sir, is pure

About the terrible search engine, I pretty much exclusively use picclick.com now.

I understand doing stuff to protect buyers, but they have seemed to basically done alot lately on the expense of their sellers - and their sellers are what get them the lions share fo their revenue, so I don't understand that.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)