View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Senior Chief

Ok, so I have not entered the discussion before. I have an original Firebird Formula 350 with WA engine code and 4C heads with AIR. Transmission is a Saginaw 4 spd 3.08 rear non posi. The HP on the car was 170 as shipped from the factory. The first thing done was to recurve the distributor with advance all in at 3K Egr was disconnected and plugged and AIR was disconnected and the pump removed. TCS switch was unplugged and the vacuum was supplied to the distributor so advance in all gears ported not full advance. Exhaust manifolds were removed and Appliance headers were installed. The rest of the exhaust was HO Racing HR-91 which gives you a true duel exhaust. The HO-91 eliminates the bottle neck in the stock muffler. The even side of the engine exit out the driver exhaust pipe and the odd exits out the passenger side. Stock 2bbl carb # 7044071 which made every thing so much sweeter. I would race 67 GTO's and 74 400 Trans Am's and a few 74 Z28's boy were they pissed when told it was a 350 2bbl, they would ask to see for themselves they just could not believe the power of the car. I did not change cams or any internals. Your 350 came with 200HP you have an 066 cam from the factory. If you need more high rpm performance switch to 67-70 2.11-1.77 heads the 68 or 69 #48 ram air heads will work great. If you don't want a head switch change your rocker arms to 1.65 rockers on the intake only and 1.50 on the exhaust and use poly-locks on all that way you change your lift and duration on the intake side .