View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile Nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I'll add this Ron - you & Greg have been delivered a story convincing enough that you will go out publicly and repeat/defend it. This same guy had a story for Dan as well, and has for the county prosecutor since - none of which have matched.

The whole deal stinks and the car stinks as well. I understand the car has been offered to several members here for not much more than it was purchased for, and to the man, none of them have touched it - what does that say?

I like you Ron. I love your work, feel your pain of misfortune, and even share your politics (minority in this place) but this isn't about you & I. I won't bother with this any more - I've probably said too much already.
nothin' personal...and like you said, I only know what I was told. I didn't realize how the laws read in that state...just know Greg now has clean title. Hope Dan gets restitution if he deserves it...just that my son owns a business and deadbeats are his worst enemy. Again...never met Dan but I know how it works around here. Don't pay your bills... lose your stuff. Gotta be some recourse...all I'm sayin'. About your car...glad you found a deal but I was really looking forward to seeing what a "half-priced" resto would have gotten you...that's all. Our price was under what most places would charge. I quit a local shop here that took in a $50k '68 GTO ragtop...took $25K for the job and wanted another $27K when the guy came for the car. No new interior...nothing "over the top". One reason I left...did NOT want my name attatched to this shop...even remotely! The triple black Judge ragtop Greg just sold...same deal. Shop took the owner for $17k AND sold off his good parts! Greg bought the carcass. I believe we are adults and can discuss without malice. Like you said...some here cannot. Personally...I don't think Greg "screwed someone's ex-wife"...as it was so eloquently put. In his shoes...I'd have bought the car myself. In reality...I'm happy with what I have. Happy New Year and take care. Sorry if anyone was offended by my "opinion"...but it was just that. Take care. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.