View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Landis View Post
when I gave you an approximate quote on doing your RA II car to the level of our RA IV...you stated that "I could do TWO cars for that price!" How'd THAT work out for you? So...pardon me if I do not put a lot of stock into your opinions. Nothing personal...just don't believe you have taken all the facts into account...again. How is someone that commissions work and refuses to pay NOT a deadbeat? Reasons notwithstanding...that is the definition of a deadbeat. Regardless of the adjective used...the shop owner had to cover the costs out of HIS pocket. I've seen this time and again. Owner is gung ho at first. Time to pay up and ...not so much. Other "priorities" put the person owed on the "back burner" and of little or no consideration to the owner. In fact...in most every case...our customers got increasingly reluctant to "write a check" near the completion of the project. If I EVER do another vehicle for ANYONE...money will go into escrow before the first wrench is turned...just to avoid such a situation. That's what I took away from this business. Sad but true. Merry Christmas. Ron [PS...still only got @ half the money owed to Kevin for doing Milt's frame...and that was ONLY because Walt got wind of it.]
How did that work out? I went out and bought a 72 455HO/4spd LeMans Sport Convertible and left the other $30,000 in the bank - that's how that worked out! Who do you think landed better with that deal?

You think you know the facts here Ron and you have no ****ing clue. I have no problem paying a man what he is due and neither does Dan. The problem here is the shop owner fell on hard times and set in motion a plan to get himself out. This included trying to dupe a guy who owns multiple RA IV & HO cars into bringing ANOTHER car over to his shop to do some work on it - yes this wasn't the first time the worked together. He then found "problems" with the car & parts that were going to increase the costs significantly. While this was going on, he transferred his house out of his name - why do people do that I wonder?

He set up a ruse to set a lien, failed to notify properly, secured a title through a company that has been indited on federal charges for other crimes and sold it without a court order. Those are the facts!

Would I have paid the bill and let Dan take his time to pay me back - you bet! I've known Dan for 25 years now and would trust him with my life - a lot more than I could say about others here! I have no real problem with Greg buying the car - he took advantage of an opportunity - but I can say this - karma is a nasty bitch and will come back & slit your throat if you treat her badly! Keep that in mind Ron.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978