View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Ron,

As a man who has had his fair share of misfortune in his life, you sure do have a cold ****ing heart! Dan's no deadbeat but WAS taken advantage of.

Chris
when I gave you an approximate quote on doing your RA II car to the level of our RA IV...you stated that "I could do TWO cars for that price!" How'd THAT work out for you? So...pardon me if I do not put a lot of stock into your opinions. Nothing personal...just don't believe you have taken all the facts into account...again. How is someone that commissions work and refuses to pay NOT a deadbeat? Reasons notwithstanding...that is the definition of a deadbeat. Regardless of the adjective used...the shop owner had to cover the costs out of HIS pocket. I've seen this time and again. Owner is gung ho at first. Time to pay up and ...not so much. Other "priorities" put the person owed on the "back burner" and of little or no consideration to the owner. In fact...in most every case...our customers got increasingly reluctant to "write a check" near the completion of the project. If I EVER do another vehicle for ANYONE...money will go into escrow before the first wrench is turned...just to avoid such a situation. That's what I took away from this business. Sad but true. Merry Christmas. Ron [PS...still only got @ half the money owed to Kevin for doing Milt's frame...and that was ONLY because Walt got wind of it.]

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.