View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Bingo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard sargent View Post
Sounds like gettin' "flipped" isn't the worst thing that can happen to a rare car! JMHO. Ron...[sinceGreg cannot be here to defend himself. I'm thinkin if he was...he's just get banned again for his response to your accusation.]

Never accused Greg of doing anything illegal.

Speaking of flipping, I am flipping 1200 flipping cars a year LOL! before this econmy went south I was flipping over 2000 a year.

If Greg makes a million more power to him, this America and free enterprise.

Ever car he has restored and fellow members have restored and sold has done northing but improve our hobby.

Ever time a restored rare Pontiac is sold it makes our cars worth just a little more, and digs up more cars, and brings new blood into our hobby.
Greg has dug up more rare cars and breathed new life into them than anyone else here that I know of. I've bought and sold cars and have NEVER had a hint of anything underhanded in my dealings with him. I disagree with the term "flipper" that folks use to describe him...as I sit here and try to think of a car he has bought and simply jacked the price to make money without first "doing up" the car and making it presentable. He actually had the opportunity to buy this car before Dan did...when it was still in Canada and for $40k. How much time or money did Dan actually put into the car to make it worth the $140k that he was asking for awhile back? Exactly! Anyway...I wish Dan the best of luck if he was,in fact, "taken advantage of"...but I'm still thinking he has "some 'splainin' to do"! I'll bet the courts would take the initial purchase price and deduct the parts,labor,storage and other fees. That seems more fair to me than starting with what he THOUGHT the car was worth...unless he KNOWINGLY paid much less than he knew the car was worth to begin with. Gee...this gets confusing! JMHO. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.