View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Ron,

As a man who has had his fair share of misfortune in his life, you sure do have a cold ****ing heart! Dan's no deadbeat but WAS taken advantage of.

Chris
I do not know the man...but I DO feel his pain. However...I still question his judgement and serious lack of foresight. I am looking at both sides of the coin,as well. Legal dollar figures are for a court to decide...it seems. But...my son owns his own small business and I know just how frustrating it is when folks won't pay. Exactly why I sold my rotissery and refuse to do cars for others. We got burnt on the "Judge" Kevin started for Milt...as did the boys in Indiana that finished it...yet nobody felt sorry for any of us. Again...I'm no attorney...but I DO know the frustration of getting stiffed. If Dan was seriously in trouble...he could have arranged the sale of the car himself with payment to the shop contingent to the sale, right? Just curious...he couldn't come up with $8,500...yet he can afford several lawyers? Comparing the deal to screwing someone's ex-wife I don't get either. Greg is a businessman and Dan is a deadbeat by definition...not because I said so...but by his actions. This happened over a two year period...not in the dark of the night. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Mine is...one man has bad judgement in his finances...another got sick of having his money tied up...and yet another saw a good deal and jumped on it. If Dan is so dear to your hearts here...why not pay his bill and tie up YOUR money until he decided to pay you? Simple as that...in my book. I am compassionate...but he paid $40k for the car and turned around and asked $140 without touching it...right, Dan? At least Greg had the car straightened out...so who's the crook?

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.