View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 02:40 PM
Boost Engineer

After I left Holley and went to Ford Engineering, a bunch of my old Holley carb associates would invite me over for lunch and then we golfed in the Holley Golf league.

Will never forget a know-it-all young Holley Employee who was trying to make a 4 corner idle carb out of a two corner idle carb. He failed terribly. Drilled holes right thru the center section into the venturi bores above the throttle blades. So he threw the casting in the trash and took another casting off the shelf and learned from "a old timer" how to do it correctly. I heard he was later fired by Holley after he went south with the rest of the Holley "Aftermarket" Guys. The OEM PRODUCTION guys were later absorbed by Borg Warner when Holley needed money. They wound up with nice stock retirement plans from BW vs loosing their Holley jobs down south.

Marvin Benoit and Marty Brown started Quick Fuel because the people down south did not have a clue with carbs.
Chuck Gulledge started his own carb business. Steve White went to Bosch as a fuel systems engineer.

So happy for you that you like Barry Grant. Barry personally sent me my Holley TRI-POWER Pontiac Intake manifold version 3 after the first two casting needed a lot of work. The history was in the PY Forums somewhere. Barry and I never had any issues.
You seem to have an issue that I know the actual history of Holley carb.

Barry built some nice "later versions" of original Carb companies designs like the Autolite inline carb.
Too bad the set-up was only large enough for a mild SB Chevy engine.

So I will grant that you know something about the LATER history but nothing about the history before WW-II when Holley made 3000 cfm aircraft carbs that were WET-FLOWED. And all of the Engineering Carbs at Warren Michigan were also wet flowed.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.