View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 10:51 AM
Boost Engineer

Sorry GTO-relic, Bud you know little about Holley carbs. (I worked for Holley Engineering in Warren Michigan at their Engineering Center in the 1970s.)

"whoever posted this, you need to do some research.

BG Demon carbs were wet flowed at 1.5" HG/20.4" water. The corresponding DRY FLOW number would actually be approx. 7.6% more than what BG rated them at, compared to a Holley, because Holley DRY FLOWS their carbs for rating. BG also gained 6% discharge coefficient for the patented scalloped air entry on the Race Demon carbs at that time, compared to a Road Demon/Street Demon with a choke horn on it. the BG owned Demon Carb. company put their test specs in writing, it's on page 44 of the Demon Carburetor manual.

Holley carb flowed on their Wet Stand (Same one used since WWII with Stoddard Solvent every carb designed for production). They also had wet stands at their Water
Valley Production Plant. They tested at 1.5" hg or 20.4" H2O.

Pictures of the Wet Stands are in every Mike Urich Book published.

With 29 posts total you are for sure a phony. Please remove these incorrect posts
Moderators.

Barry Grant worked as a technician for Holley carb at one time I believe at Water Valley.

So your false info is just screwing up my accurate info.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.