View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:48 AM
Boost Engineer

A post from the Chevrolet Board answers that question.

"Anyone have any experience with some Frankenstein creation like this?

My friend just bought some parts, one of them being a 4779 Holley (700 DP, don't know the -number), 4150, dual metering blocks Prim #11173 and Secondary #11166...

But the bowls have been changed from the center-hung floats to the single feed, banjo bolt fitting, adjustible float bowls. It has two primary bowls, because its still has the "secondary" accelerator pump. Looks like the fuel transfer tube holes have been plugged (another sign that it is using a primary bowl on the secondary side), and it has a "T" in the fuel line, so both bowls use their own hose/banjo fitting for the fuel line.

Not sure exactly why it was done, but I suspect it was to gain clearance in the carb enclosure, although I have seen regular Dual Feed DPs fit...

The carb fits inside a enclosure for a '66 Shelby Mustang Paxton supercharger setup setup...

I can see the DP linkage, the base plate has the second pivot stud and lever, the main body has the secondary squirter..."

More Clearance for some Bonnets or enclosures like the Vortech or Paxton Carb Box,
but most likely for the earlier Shelby/Paxton Box.

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paxton Carb Enclosure2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	529225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paxton Carb Enclosure1.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	529226  

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.