View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think if someone was really interested in buying it, they would need to have a conversation with the seller about all the particulars and the history of the crankshaft. If I remember right, the Moldex cranks I have purchased from them had a job number on them and some other info stamped on a counterweight. Also, My Moldex crankshafts said 4 1/2 instead of 4.500 on them. But they certainly could have changed that. The asking price is still OK for a Chinese billet but then you have to pay someone to go through an entire QC process before use. It would need to be magnafluxed, stroke checked, thrust dimensions verified, crankpins and mains verified for size and checked for straightness. I really doubt Moldex would attach their name to a Chinese crankshaft unless it was sent to them for repair or something like that. The ad says it's never been used or in a block but obviously a balancer had been fitted to the snout at some point. The snout is scarred up some where a balancer was installed.

Last edited by mgarblik; 03-17-2024 at 03:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: