View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here’s another possibility that I just recalled I had happen to a car of mine ages ago, and the car had symptoms just like yours.
I had a spare car at the time that I was starting to restore and it sat outside during a full Summer.
When I started it up after those many months it did so just fine, but could not get out of its own way even on a level driveway due to ignition break down.
After going thru a 2 day long troubleshooting session I found the root cause of the problem.

I Mouse or Mice had partially eaten tru the wire feeding the coil that I had extended into the passenger area and had wired to a kill switch.

The bottom line was that the 5 straind’s of wire that where left unchewed could not pass the current needed to run the motor much above a idle!

This took a long while for me to find out since the wire was passing 12 volts as needed, but only some 30% of the current needed!

Your issue may not be a chewed thru wire, but any crimp on wire connector not done tight enough can make for the same low current feed issue.

1) 1940s 100% silver 4 cup tea server set.

Two dry rotted 14 x 10 Micky Thompson slicks.

1) un-mailed in gift coupon from a 1972 box of corn flakes.
Two pairs of brown leather flip flops, never seen more then 2 mph.

Education is what your left with once you forget things!