View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 01:49 AM

F Rock - good points. i'd be buying this to build and drive so parting it out doesn't interest me. although i think the good decklid, nice fenders (not in pictures), original hood (repros stink), straight but perhaps iffy body and a complete original rolling chassis with mentioned suspension components could easily pull more than $1500. with a little work even more. still not my interest though.

making a clone seems like a bad investment to me as the end result is only worth it's value in parts without the proper tags. if i'm gonna throw the same $10k+ in parts/materials to restore it why not get the return in value? of course, a base model GTO won't fetch tip-top dollar like a judge or 455 conv't.

and why a 70?... i like 'em. not to mention Rob B hit the nail on the head when he said you don't see many of them around. i see 68-9's all the time and don't really want one. i gotta have my head in it or i won't enjoy it. that's why i got a '67 firebird; too many camaros running around but i still liked the body style.

a car with a more friendly starting point is quickly becoming more appealing though which, i guess, seems to be the better option any way i slice it.

-Dave

Keep driving your prius, we need the gas.