View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We ended up spending quite a bit of time trying different options to route the A/C hoses. The only way I could get the lines in a position to work with a 4 port bulkhead connector was to move the evaporator unit towards the driver side of the car a few inches. I bought and two 2-port bulkhead connectors to give me more degrees of freedom, and made some short lines with vintage air e-z clip fittings to connect the evaporator unit to the bulkheads, but still couldn't get the lines positioned in a way that work well enough. The lines would have come out a weird places on firewall. I talked to vintage air a couple times to ask about other options, including the IIMuch pass through bulkhead. But they suggested that the best option by far is to run it per the instructions through the kick panel and blower motor hole. That's where we ended up.

I did use the Vintage Air e-z clip lines because they're smaller in diameter and more flexible than their regular lines, which I thought would give me more wiggle room and make the install easier. I think it did. However, I noticed that after the clamps are set, the fittings can turn on the hose with a little pressure. So, although I know that this system has been in use for quite while, I'm a little nervous about leaks and whether they will hold up as well as a regular crimped line. Does anyone have experience with these fittings, and if so, how well do they work?

Started to install components on 408 so we can make decisions about how to route wires and other components. Trying to keep things simple with our parts selection...LS3 coils, LS3 throttle body, 42lb injectors...hoping that it will be easy to tune and service.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7849.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	626842   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7850.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	626845